Posts Tagged ‘safari’

Fighting with WebSockets

Monday, April 18th, 2011


A long, rambly and very geeky post without a proper ending about some of the challenges I recently had getting WebSockets to work with mobile Safari on the iPhone/iPad.


I wrote last week about a recent project of mine – a proof-of-concept using a custom WebSockets server implementation to push messages to web apps.

A target platform for one of the demos that I wrote to go with this was the iPhone. But it wasn’t as straightforward as I’d hoped. And I’ve ranted enough about it to friends and colleagues and on twitter. About time that I did a bit of moaning here 😉